(click to tweet)
Most people think paperwork when they hear the word ‘insurance.’
From filling out applications to filing claims, it seems that every touchpoint of the insurance-based customer journey is filled with paper and pen, PDFs to fill out, and signatures to sign.
But the insuretech companies of today are shifting this idea.
On today’s episode of FNO: InsureTech, we are joined by John Langowski—the Chief Claims Officer and EVP of Swyfft. Swyfft is disrupting the homeowners insurance industry by using big data and analytics to make buying insurance as easy as typing in your address.
Tune in to this episode to hear John’s insights, so you can learn how your company can integrate technology into their equation.
(click to tweet)
The FNO: Tips
- The data automation in technology-driven solutions allows the user to transcend traditional model speeds
- Entry-level insurance adjuster jobs provide perks and a work-on-your-own schedule lifestyle
- Stay away from Florida-based insurance businesses, as the laws are much harsher
- The majority of people will never file a claim on their insurance policy
- Understand the heightened emotion of a claim when setting up businesses around it
- In claims—time, transparency, and knowledge of outcome are most important
- The average age for a claims professional is 46 years old, 25-30% retiring in the next 18 months
- Bigger carriers may provide more transactions but understand there are compromises involved
- With the rise of Alexa and Siri—look at GEICO still using “save 15 minutes” as evidence for bigger companies not evolving
Fourseventy Claim Management